Halloween is nearly upon us once again and with three trick-or-treaters this year, it’s inevitable we will be swimming in candy, and while it’s fun for them to get their favorite treats we wanted to mix it up this year a bit, and hand out sweet treat alternatives.
Halloween treats minus the sweets!
Not any little toys would do, so the items in the following post are officially “Kid Approved”. In other words they would be stoked to get these items in their trick-or-treat bags and are eager to hand them out as well!
These 15 little treats are also “Parent Approved”, which means these items cost less than or closely to the same amount of money we typically spend on candy and these little toys are within the acceptably tolerable range for parental annoyance.
In no particular order of awesome-ness:
(affiliate links provided in BOLD – or feel free to click directly on the items shown in the following image)
- Glow sticks! Name a kid that doesn’t love these!
- Sticky hands. These are awesome for a full day of fun and then they magically disappear into the garbage after 24 hours. At least they do in our house. 🙂
- Mini HALLOWEEN PlayDoh. This is probably the priciest option, but at about $.80 per 1oz cup, it’s still less than a large candy bar!
- Slightly larger Mini REGULAR PlayDoh. Now here is the funny thing, for just $.03 more, you can hand out 3oz size cups. Although they won’t be nearly as Halloween festive, I don’t think the kids will mind and they will get a fairly normal amount of Play-Doh to play with. Personally love this idea!
- HALLOWEEN Bouncy Balls. At just about $.28 per 1″ size ball, these will be a hit. No pun intended. Okay, maybe a little intended.
- Regular Cool Bouncy Balls. Loving this option at about $0.15 per 1.25″ size ball. Loving that they are cheaper, BIGGER, and come in lots of cool colors and patterns.
- Vampire Fangs. I mean really that’s all I need to say about this item!
- LED Finger Lights!! These are so cool! You literally clip these little lights to the tips of their little fingers and they are apparently “so awesome!”
- Silly Monster Tats. At approx. $.07 per tattoo, these are a great deal, and cute.
- DC Superhero Tattoos. These are seriously very cool, but a bit more $$$. These sets come with 19 tattoos, bringing each tattoo image to about $.38 each and you will need to hand cut the sheets that contain more than one image. Food for thought.
- Halloween Slinkies. These will last for hours maybe even days before they get twisted and become un-usable, but those will be glorious hours… to possibly days of plastic slinkie fun.
- Plastic Halloween Stamps. Stamps!!
- Assorted Plastic Stamps. More stamps!!! These also happen to cost about 50% less than the Halloween stamps and you get TWICE as many!
- Mustache Whistles. Mustache + Whistle = Greatness . Nuff said.
- Last but certainly not least.. Slap Bracelets. The 7 year old version of me would be freaking out to find one of these in my giant pillow case full of goodies!
***I was not compensated to write this post. I selected these items with the help of my 7 and 5 year children, and all opinions are my very own.***